3 Times When You Should Consult With a Solicitor

Posted on: 28 April 2015

A solicitor or lawyer is a professional that you should call, not just for criminal matters, but for many different matters relating to business, property, and even your own family. They can ensure that your rights are protected and also protect you and your estate. Note a few times when you should consult with a solicitor and why it's so important. 1. You're preparing a will There are legal kits you can buy and computer programs that help you to fill out your own will, but doing this without a solicitor can be very shortsighted. [Read More]

Buying A New Home? How A Property Lawyer Can Help

Posted on: 10 April 2015

Are you in the market for a new home? If so, and if you have found the home that you would like to buy, there are going to be many legalities involved. In order to make sure that everything is done properly so that there are no problems later on, it is important that you hire a property lawyer. This is the person who is going to make sure that all of the legalities are taken care of and that the transaction goes smoothly. [Read More]

Organising access visits when one parents lives in another country

Posted on: 20 March 2015

As people travel more, relationships between people from different countries are becoming more common. When divorce or separation occurs it isn't unusual for the parents to want to return to their home countries for the support of their family members. No matter where the parents reside, the aim of the family law court is to allow children to retain a reasonable relationship with both parents. Travel overseas must be approved [Read More]

How to Get a Work & Holiday Visa

Posted on: 10 March 2015

If you are between the ages of 18 and 30, are planning visiting Australia, and you would like to work during your visit, a regular visitor's visa will not be enough. You will need to apply for a Work and Holiday Visa. This visa is also available to citizens from Malaysia, Turkey, Chile, and Thailand. It allows you to work for up to 12 months, and you can leave and re-enter Australia many times during this period. [Read More]